True View 515
All Purpose-Grade Mapping Sensor
True View 515 3D Imaging System
GeoCue's True View 515 is simply the best performing LIDAR/Camera system in the mid price range. This compact 3D Imaging System has impeccable definition along wires, superior ground cover beneath vegetation and sensitivity like we’ve never seen in this class system.
|Data Collection||LIDAR + Imagery|
|LIDAR Scanner||Hesai PandarXT-32|
|LIDAR Range - Usable||80 m @ 20% reflectivity|
|LIDAR Beams/Returns per Beam||32/2|
|Cross-track Field of View (FOV)/Combined||120°|
|Pulse Repetition Rate||640 kHz|
|Network Accuracy||Better than 5 cm RMSE|
|Precision||Better than 5 cm at 1 σ|
|Camera Sensor||Dual 1’’ mechanical shutter, hardware mid-exposure pulse, 20 MP, RGB|
- True View 515 3D Imaging Sensor
- 2 True View Batteries + Battery Charger
- Control Box
- GNSS Antenna
- Sensor Hardcase
- True View EVO Processing Software
- Includes Applanix POSPac, Metashape for EVO, StripAlign for EVO
- 1 year of hardware and software support
- 2 days of free training at our Huntsville Headquarters
Looking for drone mapping equipment and accessories? GeoCue sells mounting kits, batteries, drones, base stations and spare parts partnered with our bundled solutions. Contact our sales team to discuss all your equipment needs.
RENTAL UNITS AVAILABLE
Explore Drone LIDAR at Low Risk and Low Cost
The True View 515 3D Imaging System is available under our subscription offering!
This unique business model that allows customers to acquire a True View 3DIS under a subscription model for periods as short as 1 month! This is an excellent model for seasonal use and surge capacity.
Our True View Rental Program works off a point system giving users the ability to control the usage of their subscription hardware and processing workflow.
|True View Subscription||True View 435||True View 515||True View 635/640|
|True View EVO||
|Metashape for EVO (MfE)||Optional Add-On||Optional Add-On||✓||✓|
|StripAlign for EVO (SAfE)||Optional Add-On||Optional Add-On||✓||✓|
Metashape for EVO (MfE)
We have built interfaces directly into our drone mapping processing software, True View EVO, for driving both an embedded version of Metashape (Metashape for EVO, MfE) as well as the full GUI version of Metashape Professional. This design provides a seamless photogrammetric workflow for users of EVO processing software.
Metashape for EVO supports the generation of:
- Block Bundle Adjusted (BBA) imagery for improving positional accuracy
- Point clouds from imagery (“structure from motion”) – typically used in DJI camera workflows
StripAlign for EVO (SAfE)
Data can exhibit small geometric inconsistence, especially when combining data from multiple flights. BayesMap StripAlign for EVO detects and corrects these errors via an application of sensor-specific mathematical modeling. SAfE is a fully automated process with no need for users to set project-specific “tuning” parameters or to move in and out of the EVO processing environment – press a button and it works!
Image Exaggerated to Display StripAlign Effect
Our True View 3D Imaging Sensors were designed as a lightweight payload to allow flexible integrations on numerous drone platforms. We have worked with several drone providers to provide customers the complete drone mapping solution they are looking for. Don't see the company you're looking for, contact our team and we can discuss custom intergrations!
True View 515 FAQ
Have questions about the True View 515 system? Review our True View 515 FAQ.
Attributes of the point cloud typically include:
• X, Y, Z position in an exploitation spatial reference system (SRS)
• High resolution GPS time of pulse
• Intensity of the laser return
• Return number (if your LIDAR is multiple return capable)
• Scan angle (angle of the beam relative to nadir when this point was detected)
• Flight line (swath) ID
Note that no color (or, in general, radiometric) information is contained in the above information. A 3D imaging sensor (3DIS) includes both a laser scanner and one or more synchronized photogrammetric cameras (the True View 515 includes two Red-Green Blue photogrammetric cameras). The system is designed to achieve a coincident field of view (FOV) from all sensors. Post-processing software colorizes the points from the camera imagery to add, in the case of the True View 515, Red-Green-Blue (RGB) values for each LIDAR point. Note that the camera system in a 3DIS is not restricted to RGB cameras.
Examples of derived products include:
• Classified ground model – 3D LIDAR points that represent bare earth. These are generated using both automatic and manual editing tools in True View EVO
• Automatically derived planar surfaces such as building roof prints
• Topographic contours
• Automatic and manual digitized stockpile boundaries (“toes”)
• Volumetric analysis such as stockpile volumes and cut/fill computations
• Profiles and cross sections
• Automatic rail extraction tools (classified rail points, vectorized center line)
• Automatic power line extraction tools (classified wire points, vectorized catenaries)
• Gridded elevation models derived from ground points and first surface points
In addition to the above, True View EVO supports feature-constrained (“breakline enforced”) modeling. This allows creation of surface data that is constrained by features such as water body boundaries, edge of pavement, downstream flow, retaining walls and so forth.