- Operate fixed and rotary wing small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS)
- Assist clients with developing drone mapping plans
- Set control targets using GNSS equipment
- Calibrate mapping cameras and LIDAR systems
- Conduct drone repairs
- Post-process Position/Orientation System (POS) and LIDAR data
- Post-process PPK data, execute workflow processing software for point cloud, orthophoto production, data classification and volumetric analysis
- Provide end-to-end customer workflow training for various GeoCue drone mapping systems and software
- Must be comfortable meeting clients, discussing the technical merits of the process and the general benefits of sUAS collected data as compared to traditional methods.
- Must be adept with computer operations and willing to learn imagery/LIDAR point cloud data processing workflows.
- Drive a company-supplied work truck to customer sites (drive distances can be long)
This is a traveling job. Approximately 50% of the time will be spent traveling to and performing services/training at customer sites, often in inclement weather (hot, cold, rainy, etc.). The remaining time will be spent in our Huntsville, Alabama office processing and analyzing data and providing technical support to GeoCue’s global customer base.
- Able to self-study to pass the FAA Part 107 UAS pilot exam (if not already qualified)
- Surveying experience a significant plus. Licensure is a plus but not required.
- College degree is a plus but not required
- Basic proficiency in mathematics
- Handy with on the spot repairs
- Ability to work under pressure (carrying out an sUAS flight in front of customers)
- Physically able to work outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions, carry photogrammetry targets, drones and survey equipment through rough terrain, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record; this position is subject to random drug testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and able to take concise, readable notes as well as maintain accurate flight logs
- Must be able to adhere to rigorous safety protocols
- Must be able to travel internationally