Volumetrics/ Inspection/ Small Sites
- DJI Inspire 2 with X4S camera is our recommended low cost solution at approx.. $3,750 with X4S camera
- Structure from Motion (SfM)
- Relatively new computer vision algorithm that can create a 3D point cloud model and orthomosaic from overlapping 2D images
- Ground Control Points
- GCPs are used for both controlling and checking projects. It is the most accurate but also the most expensive and tedious method.
- Direct Geopositioning
- Place survey-grade GNSS equipment directly on the drone to measure positions at the time of camera exposure
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Positioning
- GNSS satellite positions are precisely known
- Satellites broadcast coded signals with precise time information
- Receivers can determine time of flight signals
- Receiver uses triangulation to determine receiver location (X, Y, Z) on Earth
- Accuracy is about 2.5 to 5 meters
In 2015, AirGon developed its first PPK direct geopositioning system. The second version was released in 2016. These systems were for high end drones and DSLR cameras.
What if you could add PPK to a DJI?
- MEP on DJI
- MEP is complex- DJI does not provide a signal nor is there a flash for Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 (X4s)
- GeoCue has designed a “bus sniffer” using proprietary code on a Complex Programmable Logic Device (CPLD) to synthesize a MEP. This “personality module” replaces the SD card, providing “plug and play” integration